I thought we would veer off the beaten path for today’s post. No new mobility movements today. We all know that today is open gym and/or putting your hands on a barbell. 2 months into this mobility adventure I hope you’ve acquired a few skills and mobility exercises to help prep you for the workout you’ll be performing today.
My side-step today is about skill transfer. Anyone think there is commonality between (Olympic) weightlifting and double-unders?
It’s amazing how the following position pearls translate into both those movements:
- tight midline
- upright torso
- breaking at the hip causing loss of power
- lack of hip extension causing missed attempts
- shortened hip extension causing a failed attempt
- position of hands in relation to your torso
- internal and external rotation of shoulders
Practice doesn’t make perfect, practice makes permanent. Practice how you want to perform.