14 minute AMRAP:
40 wall-ball shots, 20 / 14 lb.
30 cleans, 135 / 95 lb.
Wickedly brutal. Grip, grip and wholly grip batman. A couple things I would definitely pay attention to for mobility will be shoulders, thoracic spine (lats and side of your torso) and hamstrings (hips). This is a full body onslaught, but these areas are getting worked over in every movement. Break out the jump stretch band and work on opening up the shoulders as well as that side torso). Spend a considerable amount of time just ‘hanging’. Either hang from the pull up bar, or strap into one of the bands and simply hang out, letting that band pull your arm through a full range of motion. Concentrate on getting those shoulders in full extension so that your arms extend behind your ears!
Here are a series of demo videos (many you have seen):
I still stand by my warm-up/mobility prep from last week’s 14.3:
- 2-3 minutes of jumping rope (does not need to be double-unders). Just get your heart rate up and loosen up those ankles and calves. Get them prepared for the hopping and jumping needed for the box jumps
- knees to chest
- inch worm walks
- duck walk
- straight legged kicking opposite hand
- pigeon stretch
- lateral hip stretch on box (the pigeon stretch with your leg on a box)
- toe over the ankle on box
- wall squat
- figure 4 stretch on wall
- wall v-stretch
- standing toe touches
- calf stretch (both straight legged and knee bent)
I won’t be there to lead the warm-up this week, I have work obligations. I’ll make it to the 6pm Friday class to watch those of you taking a stab at it. I’d spend some time loosening up your forearms and your grip, you’re going to need it.
Good luck everyone!!